Welcome to Collar and Harness Magazine’s list of current 2019 Dog Collar Best Sellers. These are the top 10 sellers on Amazon right now. If you’re looking for harness bestsellers – you can also check out our other trending page.
You’ll find below our top ten list followed by our quick guide on what you should look for when selecting a collar. Enjoy!
Best Dog Collar Amazon Sellers 2019
So you’re browsing around, looking for that perfect dog collar. Nothing to cheap, or expensive. Ideally not something that doesn’t look good. And, with hundreds to choose from, you’re stuck making a choice. Well, the majority have made it for you. What better way to discover what’s working for people and their dogs than seeing what they’re buying regularly. So here now are the top ten best dog collars selling on Amazon in 2019.
HALTI Premium Reflective Dog Collar
Company of Animals make a range of dog accessories well known amongst trainers and walkers. Their HALTI range specifically caters to help owners train their dogs to walk better whilst out on a lead. Their double ended HALTI training lead, for example, is designed as a no-pull lead to work with a Front Range harnesses. In the UK these are a familiar sight whilst out walking.
It’s no surprise therefore that the most popular selling best dog collar on Amazon is A HALTI collar.
The collar incorporates a colourful two-tone design with a strong webbing outer and a soft durable neoprene lining. The material is easy to clean and is hand-washable. It includes a reflective 3M Scotchlite strip for walking your dog at night or in other low visibility conditions.
The design of the HALTI collar uses a high grade nylon webbing. This provides both strength and durability. It also includes a hard-wearing metal ‘D’ ring for essential name and microchip tags
There are four sizes available; X-Small, Small, Medium and Large.
As a side note, if you are a HALTI fan, this collar uses the familiar HALTI red colour which will happily match their leads and harnesses.
This is a great and sturdy dog collar, and it’s easy to see why it consistently ranks as the #1 collar of choice for owners.
PetTec Dog Collar
|PetTec Comfortable Dog Collar, Permanent & Robust; Made with Strong, Tear Resistant Trioflex,...||303 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
Number two is the PetTec collar. A comfortable collar made of trioflex material with extra padding and tear resistant flexible mesh inside. On the marketing blurb it does suggest this collar can be worn permanently. We don’t encourage this ourselves as dogs can be injured when you leave a collar or harness on all the time, but the decision is yours.
The triple-enforced trioflex material provides robust and durable strength that is mould and dirt repellant as well as water and weather proof. The collar is easy to clean. The strong Trioflex material is very robust and strong.
This collar comes in four sizing with diameters of 30-40cm, 40-50cm, 50-60cm (based on sizing S, M, L). Width: 2,5cm.
Pricing is also very reasonable and reviews on Amazon are positive but several reviewers have advised confirming the collar sizes before ordering.
Vivi Bear Padded Soft Breathable Mesh Dog Collar
|Vivi Bear Padded Soft Breathable Mesh Dog Collar 3M With Night Reflective Stripes Comfy And Soft...||261 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
The third on our list of the currently trending best dog collar 2019 is the wonderfully named Vivi Bear. This collar has a wide Soft Mesh Padding and Ergonomic Design inside the collar. It is soft around the edges to protect your dog’s neck and still sturdy enough to handle tough pulls. The hook ring with the collar is not just regular steel, but made from strong anti-corrosion Zinc-alloy.
The collar also uses Nylon Webbing with 3M Reflective Material ensures Good Visibility and nafety at night while walking your dog.
The buckle makes it easy to put on and take off this collar.
As always it is best to measure your dog’s Neck Circumference and check the size available before you order.
Dexil Elite Range
|Dexil Elite Range Luxury Neoprene Padded Extra Strong Adjustable Small-Medium Pet Dog Collar...||305 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
This collar comes with a 15 Year Guarantee! Yes, you read that correctly – 15 years. So you need only ever purchase one dog collar… just make sure it fits first!
- Fully adjustable from 25-43cm (10-17inch), 2cm width (3/4inch)
- Neoprene padded, waterproof, welded anti-corrosion ‘D’ ring
- Made from the highest quality materials and super strong hardware
- Check out the colour coded awareness items that prevent dog accidents!
Blueberry Pet Soft & Comfy Welcoming Rose Flower
|Blueberry Pet Soft & Comfy Welcoming Rose Flower Prints Girly Adjustable Padded Dog Collar, Medium,...||146 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
There are a few Blueberry dog collars on this list, and it’s a popular range. A lot of these collars are designed to be stylish – so selecting the right one can be a little subjective depending on your tastes. But there’s no doubt that thought has been put into these sleek, designer collars.
- Neck 30cm-40cm, Entire webbing width 2cm, Ribbon on neoprene layer width 1.5cm, Size Small; The collar does not stretch itself, please make sure leave ONLY 2 fingers between collar and dog neck. A properly fitting collar and harness won’t leave any room for your dog to chew.
- The collar is not for tie out. NEVER leave your dog unattended with a collar on. The collar is a single product.However, it comes with matching lead/harness to complete the look. Lead and harness sold separately.
- Made of high density polyester webbing with a comfy neoprene bottom layer; The grey buckles are made of ecofriendly plastic. The metal D ring is chrome coated to add durability.
- The loop tied to the logo is specifically designed for the purpose of attaching dog charms, tags, pendants or accessories. Please do not attach any dog leash with this loop.
- All pictures are taken with our production samples from a size of Medium; Please measure your pets carefully for making the right purchase. Always look at the size chart for the recommended weight range to confirm the size
Ancol Timberwolf Leather Collar
The first of the leather dog collars to hit the list. Leather collars have often been a popular staple of dog collars. They’re strong and cool looking. Remember if leather is not for you, there are always faux-leather vegan options out there.
- Softer and supple than traditional leather collars
- Leather is treated with 3m leather protector
- Soft and supple belt style buckle
- Designed for dogs that love outdoors
Blueberry Pet Nautical Flags Inspired
|Blueberry Pet Nautical Flags Inspired Designer Basic Dog Collar, Neck 14.5"-20", Medium, Collars for...||166 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
The second Blueberry dog collar on the list. This one inspired by flags.
- Neck 14.5″-20″, Width 3/4″, Size Medium; The collar does not stretch itself, please make sure leave ONLY 2 fingers between collar and dog neck. A properly fitting collar and harness won’t leave any room for your dog to chew.
- The collar is not for tie out. NEVER leave your dog unattended with a collar on.
- This collar is a single product. However, it comes with matching leash/harness to complete the look. Leash and harness sold separately.
- Made of high density polyester, which imparts softness and durability to the product. Those buckles are made from ecofriendly plastic. The metal D ring is chrome coated to add durability.
- All pictures are taken with our production samples from a size of Medium; Please measure your pets carefully for making the right purchase. Always look at the size chart for the recommended weight range to confirm the size.
Rosewood Luxury Leather Dog Collar
Another example of a popular leather dog collar.
- Quality black leather collar.
- Includes a stylish paw print embellishment
- Quality buckle fastening
Blueberry Pet Spring Scent Inspired Pink Rose
|Blueberry Pet Spring Scent Inspired Pink Rose Print Ivory Dog Collar, Medium, Neck 37cm-50cm,...||128 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
Another of the Blueberry dog collar ranges, and again – they may not be to everyones taste. However they are popular and a good brand, so if this is your style – they’re worth checking out.
- Neck 37cm-50cm, Width 2cm, Size Medium; The collar does not stretch itself, please make sure leave ONLY 2 fingers between collar and dog neck. A properly fitting collar and harness won’t leave any room for your dog to chew.
- The collar is not for tie out. NEVER leave your dog unattended with a collar on.
- Made of high density polyester, which imparts softness and durability to the product. The buckles are made of eco-friendly plastic.
- Made with nickel-free coated D-ring to add durability.
- All pictures are taken with our production samples from a size of Medium (Width 2cm, Neck 37 – 50cm). Please measure your pets carefully to make a safe and fit purchase. Always look at the size chart for the recommended weight range to confirm the size.
Julius-K9 100HA-K-2015 Color & Gray Collar with Safety Lock
|Julius-K9 Color & Gray Collar with Handle, Safety Lock and Interchangeable Patch, 40 mm (38-53 cm),...||184 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
I’m surprised this is only at #10 on the list as Julius-K9 are an excellent brand, especially among larger breeds. Although the description of the Julius-K9 collar offers with/without handle – we’ve often found one of the key benefits of this range is the handle. These are often recommended to be one of the best brand for handling your dog.
- In appearance it harmonises with the Colour & Gray super-grip leashes
- The material of the collar does not irritate the fur of the dog
- Made from strong and durable high quality materials
- Ideal for walks, sport activities and training
- Available with or without handle
Dog Collar vs Dog Harness?
This question is asked a lot, and it’s usually a combination of preference and necessity. When asked “which is better?” it’s easy to say harness – but many would argue that they’re different not better/worse.
If your dog is well behaved and doesn’t pull when out walking a collar is usually sufficient. Collars go around the neck so if your dog is a puller it can be bad news for both dog an owner. For the dog there’s the worrying chance of throat injury which can not only cause pain but serious damage to your dogs trachea. For the owner a pulling dog can be bad news as it shows a dog lacking control. Also the force on the dogs neck can have the adverse affect that the dog may react to the unpleasant sensation resulting in worsening of the pulling behaviour.
In cases like these it is advisable to invest in a harness, particularly a front range harness that can help train your dog to stop their pulling behaviour. Most people who do this continue to use both a collar and a harness as collars are useful for general wear as well as keeping ID tags.
Measurement is important and it’s worth investing a little time with the tape measure before making your purchase. A collar which is too tight can be uncomfortable or even choke your dog. A collar that is too loose can result in the dogs head slipping out or the dogs jaw being caught in the collar when trying to chew it.
Hopefully you enjoyed out top ten list of the best dog collars 2019 currently trending. If you have suggestions for other collars please comment below or on our Facebook page.